In 2021, HR’s Learning & Organizational Development (L&OD) team successfully relaunched the SAFE @ Berkeley Lab program in a virtual environment and piloted it with senior leaders including ALDs and Division Directors.
The L&OD team at Berkeley Lab will soon relaunch the SAFE @ Berkeley Lab program to the divisions and it will be open to all supervisors, managers, and everyone in the division.
About SAFE @ Berkeley Lab
The SAFE program is an experiential learning program that teaches fundamental skills for managing safety challenges, communication, team dynamics, and psychological safety, providing opportunities to practice responding to real-life scenarios to ensure the safety of Lab personnel and the effective management of Lab activities.
The program aims to:
- Create positive agents of safety & change within the Berkeley Lab community
- Promote a culture of physical and psychological safety across all areas of Berkeley Lab
- Managing safety challenges & implementing key protocols/behaviors
- Assessing safety hazards, risks, and contingencies; problem-solving accordingly
- Fostering constructive team communication and dynamics
And is delivered through:
- Two workshops held in one month
- Participation can be either in-person at Blg. 90 or virtual via Zoom
- Scenario-based practice and problem-solving with fellow participants
Participants will deepen their knowledge, skills, and awareness while working with peers to enhance their capacities as positive agents of change and safety within our Lab community. The workshop will primarily consist of role plays and group discussions to simulate real-world safety management scenarios. The total time commitment for the program is 4.5 hours, which includes one hour of prerequisite e-learning and 3.5 hours.
Dates for upcoming workshops at ATAP will be announced soon.
How to sign-up:
- Complete the prerequisite e-learnings found here.
- Register for the workshop by selecting a date on the e-learning page from above or on your division’s registration button here.
- NOTE: You must complete the e-learning courses to unlock the workshop registration.
- Attend the live workshop on the date you registered for (a calendar invite will be sent to you).
If you would like to bring these workshops for your teams, fill out this request form to indicate your interest, and the L&OD team with follow up with you soon to coordinate a workshop for everyone in your group.
For more information, email the L&OD team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by Carl A. Williams or other authors as credited.
For more information on ATAP News articles, contact Carl A. Williams (email@example.com).