The Lab site is a rewarding place to ride, but one’s skills and equipment must be up to par.
Skills + Maintenance + Protective Gear + Alertness = Safety
• Watch your speed when descending our steep hills. . For cars and bikes alike the speed limit is 15 mph — or lower where posted — throughout the Lab site.
• Check your bicycle’s brakes and general mechanical condition before riding.
• Always wear a helmet (unconditionally required when riding on LBNL premises).
Resources to help make bicycling safe and enjoyable include
• Get in touch with the Lab’s Bicycle Coalition.
• Learn how to ride safely on city streets from Bike East Bay.
• Learn more about bicycling and other ways to beat the commute at the Lab.