ATAP presently has opportunities in multiple areas:
- Science Writer/Editor serving the Division.
- Research Scientist in the Superconducting Magnet Program and US Magnet Development Program.
- Scientific Engineering Associate in the Superconducting Magnet Program.
- Physicist Postdoctoral Scholar working on fiber lasers and coherent beam combining in the Berkeley Lab Laser Accelerator (BELLA) Center.
- Postdoctoral Scholar working on soil carbon measurement through neutron scattering in the Fusion Science & Ion Beam Technology Program. The FS&IBT Program also has an opening for a Post Baccalaureate Fellow.
- Physicist Research Scientist in the Accelerator Modeling Program.
- Multiple openings for Computational Accelerator Physicist Postdoctoral Scholars in the Accelerator Modeling Program.
ATAP-adjacent postings through the Engineering Division include a Magnetics Engineer and a Magnetics Measurements Postdoctoral Scholar in support of the Advanced Light Source (ALS) and the ALS Upgrade Project.
To learn about employment opportunities in ATAP, click here.
The page is part of jobs.lbl.gov, where you can search for openings throughout Berkeley Lab.
Other Opportunities to Work with ATAP
The DOE https://science.osti.gov/wdts/scgsr has opened applications for the next Office of Science Graduate Student Research cycle (deadline May 4). The prestigious and competitive program invites applications from current Ph.D. students who are in qualified graduate programs at accredited U.S. academic institutions; who are conducting their graduate thesis research in https://science.osti.gov/wdts/scgsr/How-to-Apply/Priority-SC-Research-Areas targeted subject areas; and who are US citizens or lawful permanent residents. ATAP encourages interested students to reach out to scientists in the Division to discuss potential projects. https://atap.lbl.gov/scgsr/ Learn more about our present SCGSR students.