Has reading about our research inspired you to join us? Here’s how! Visit regularly to see our latest staff and postdoctoral opportunities.
Advanced Light Source Accelerator Physics Program
- Physicist Research Scientist (posting 99554) with a background in experimental accelerator physics, supporting ALS operations and improvements and contributing to the completion and commissioning of the ALS-Upgrade project.
- Physicist Research Scientist or Physicist Staff Scientist (posting 99557) with a background in experimental accelerator physics, supporting ALS operations and improvements and contributing to the completion and commissioning of the ALS-Upgrade project.
Accelerator Modeling Program (AMP)
- Physicist Research Scientist (posting 99473) to develop, analyze and implement advanced computational methods for the modeling of particle accelerator, beam (particles and laser) and plasma physics.
Berkeley Accelerator Controls and Instrumentation (BACI) Program
- Postdoctoral Scholar (posting 99486) to conduct research and development on distributed fiber optic sensing (DFOS).
Berkeley Lab Laser Accelerator (BELLA) Center
- Postdoctoral Scholar (posting 96321) working on laser-driven plasma particle and photon acceleration experiments (e.g. staging of multiple plasma sections, energy recycling from wakefields, light source development, etc.), and general experimental BELLA Center activities
- Postdoctoral Scholar (posting 98462) working on fiber-laser coherent beam combining and control.
- Postdoctoral Scholar (posting 97658) performing theoretical and computational research in the area of intense laser-and beam-plasma interactions and advanced accelerator concepts.
- Scientific Engineering Associate (posting 99461), providing operational support for high-power lasers.
- Project Scientist, Laser R&D (posting 99638), performing and participating in research and development to improve the control, quality, and application-readiness of the BELLA Center laser systems.
Fusion Sciences & Ion Beam Technology Program
- Postdoctoral Scholar (posting 99111), performing experimental research in the area of quantum networking with telecom photons from light emitting defects integrated with silicon waveguides.
- Program Manager (posting 99660), working on operational strategic planning; monitoring program development and budgeting; and meeting with Division Leadership to discuss program statuses and goals.
- Administrator (posting 99713), providing a wide range of administrative support services for researchers and staff.
Superconducting Magnet Program
- Postdoctoral Scholar (posting 99620), performing both metallographic microscopy and non-destructive image analysis using Machine Learning (ML) models and Python script or equivalent, as well as room temperature and cryogenic temperature electrical and mechanical measurements.
- Research Scientist (posting 99609), working primarily on materials characterization and research in support of the SMP programs and projects by conducting research in low- and high-temperature superconducting wire performance and cable and production analyses, including modeling (machine learning) and facility improvements.
At jobs.lbl.gov you can search for openings throughout Berkeley Lab. Use “AA” as the search term to find jobs in or related to ATAP.